Make an appointment today to see your PCP and get an in-house referral to a Sports Medicine specialist.Find a Location
Sports medicine is the branch of medicine that specializes in preventing and treating sports injuries and illness that can result from athletics, physical training and the maintenance of an active, healthy lifestyle.
Whether you are a dedicated athlete or just someone who enjoys an active lifestyle, Greater Lawrence Family Health Center’s Sports Medicine Team can help you to prevent or recover from athletic and sports injuries. We also can help you to maximize your performance and overcome any physical challenges that you may face. No matter what your game—football or basketball, tennis or golf, jogging or bicycling—we are ready to be your partner in maintaining good health and fitness, and preventing sports injuries.
Sports Medicine Services
- Non-operative management of musculoskeletal conditions such as sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations and overuse injuries (approximately 90% of all sports injuries are non-operative)
- Ultrasound Guided Injections
- Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy (OMT)
- Management of chronic or acute conditions affecting performance (i.e. infectious mononucleosis, asthma, diabetes, pregnancy, loss of limb)
- Management of traumatic brain injury, concussions, and other head injuries (Using SCAT3 and ImPACT)
- Making “Return to Play” decisions in the sick, injured, or disabled athlete or worker
- Teaching injury prevention, ergonomics, and healthy lifestyles
- Knowledge of nutrition, supplements, ergogenic aids, and performance issues
- Prescription and fitting of orthotics and custom braces
- Prescription of exercise protocols for patients who want to increase their fitness
- Prescribing effective strength training and conditioning programs