Greater Lawrence Family Health Center—Your Home for Health in the Merrimack ValleyFind a Location
The Health Center prides itself on delivering the full spectrum of high quality primary care services for children and adults, including neonatal and infant care, adult medicine, and gerontology.
Keeping services available in our community is always the goal, and the Health Center often brings specialty care and focused clinical programs directly to our patients. Because the Health Center also has an on-site Residency program, physicians have connections to the teaching hospitals, a variety of subspecialties, and many of GLFHC’s physicians have developed clinical focus areas, in addition to primary care.
Greater Lawrence Family Health Center is proud to offer additional specialized care programs, some including:
- Asthma Management
- Chest Clinic for Positive TST (Tuberculosis Screening Test)
- IMCC Integrative Medicine Consultations
- General Surgery, In-Office Procedures
- Hepatitis C Management Care
- Coumadin Care Visits and Management
All consultations and specialty clinics are referred by your primary care physician at GLFHC—make an appointment today.
GLFHC offers programs and services designed to give the best care for your growing children. Some specialty offerings include:
Centering Pregnancy Groups, to give your child the very best start in life
Centering Parenting Groups to help you be the best parent to your little ones and learn about the development of young children, emotionally and physically
Pediatric Growth and Nutrition Program, funded by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, is a once-per-month clinic featuring a multi-disciplinary team that helps families with medical, feeding, and developmental issues that affect a child’s growth. The Growth and Nutrition Clinic serves infants and children through 6 years of age, who have poor weight gain and who may have additional issues, including poor calorie intake, food allergies or aversions, developmental delays, and sensory difficulties. Your primary care physician at GLFHC can refer your child to this program.
As you or your loved ones get older, consider seeing a geriatric or senior healthcare provider who can help you handle some of the changes that come with age.
The Health Center is proud to employ two geriatricians, who are also certified in Family Medicine. Dr. Lindy Romanovsky and Dr. Kent Bakaev are Harvard Medical School Geriatric Multi-Campus Fellowship trained Geriatricians who provide care at GLFHC and also consult with GLFHC Family Medicine physicians on geriatric issues.
Senior Wellness Clinic
GLFHC offers a Senior Wellness Clinic for patients 65 and older. The clinic was developed with the purpose of providing a single venue for coordinated care with specific attention to the most common problems prevalent among seniors, including:
- Advanced Care Planning
- Post-hospitalization Care Planning
- Memory loss/Dementia
- Medication Use
- Surgical Intervention Decisions
- Displacement in the Community (housing, assisted living, home health assessments, etc.)
- Help with long-term goals of care
- Advance Directives and Healthcare Proxy
Greater Lawrence Family Health Center provides medical care and gender supportive services that are sensitive to the needs of people on the trans spectrum.
Transgender Care services are only available to patients who are or become patients of GLFHC and designate a GLFHC clinician as their Primary Care Provider (PCP).
GLFHC is committed to providing affirming care of the highest quality, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, religion, or socio-economic status.
GLFHC’s Transgender Care program helps to ensure access to high-quality, informed care for trans women, trans men, gender nonconforming, non-binary individuals, affirmed men and women, people with trans histories, and anyone with health needs unique to their diverse gender expressions and identities.
Goals of the Transgender Care program
- Provide gender-affirming, comprehensive health care for all trans and gender nonconforming patients
- Transform the way trans people receive care and lead the way in eliminating barriers to achieving maximum health and wellbeing
- Collaborate with other clinics and organizations serving trans and gender nonconforming communities
- Provide high quality training and education to mental health and medical professionals
Gender Supportive Services
- Primary Care
- Hormone Administration & Monitoring
- Testopel® implanted testosterone therapy
- Letters to Support Hormone Therapy
- Letters to Support Surgery
- Reproductive Counseling
- Post-Surgical Follow-up Care
- HIV & STD Testing & Counseling
- Specialized HIV Medical Care
- Breast Cancer Screenings
- Cancer Risks & Transgender People
- Cervical Cancer screenings
- Pharmacy services