Pharmacy Residency Program Matches with Two Candidates
Greater Lawrence Family Health Center (GLFHC) and the MCPHS University Residency Program are proud to announce a highly successful resident match during the annual “Match Day” last month.
The two candidates are Selma Kajtazovic from Georgia and Vincent Lam from New Jersey. They begin their residencies in July.
“The residency program offers experiences which allow the residents to become fully immersed in the patient-centered medical home model and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team,” said Alicia Mam DaCunha, Clinical Pharmacy Director at GLFHC. “Upon completion of the program, the resident will demonstrate competency in patient care, leadership and management, teaching, and research.”
Since the program’s start in 2014, pharmacy residents have received training in medication therapy management in chronic disease states such as diabetes, asthma, and anticoagulation management. They have collaborated with the medical residency team to provide transitions of care services and have also assisted with the Accountable Care Organization formulary management.
GLFHC has six pharmacies in Lawrence, Methuen, and Haverhill – open to the public – which are also part of the 340B program that enables the health center to spread scarce resources. Residents are given the opportunity to participate in a multitude of community service events, including vaccination efforts, in Lawrence and the surrounding communities during their one-year residency program.
GLFHC’s Pharmacy Residency program welcomes the following new resident pharmacists to the health center:
Selma Kajtazovic, PharmD Candidate 2022
- Hometown: Fort Oglethorpe, Ga.
- Pharmacy school: University of Georgia
- Languages spoken: Croatian, Bosnian, and Serbian
- Clinical interests: Mental health, hepatitis C, and substance abuse management
- Hobbies: Cooking, indoor rock climbing, and reading sci-fi and philosophy
Vincent Lam, PharmD Candidate 2022
- Hometown: Galloway, N.J.
- Pharmacy school: Rutgers University
- Languages spoken: Cantonese (conversational)
- Clinical interests: Family medicine, HIV, and hepatitis C
- Hobbies: Cooking, baking, and taking trips to Ikea