The Lawrence Family Medicine Residency teaches residents the skills to provide medical care and medical leadership in the emerging new healthcare system, particularly in underserved communities.Learn More
Striving to meet the medical needs of everyone in our community, GLFHC offers the only federally-funded Health Care for the Homeless Program in the Merrimack Valley.
GLFHC’s Health Care for the Homeless program (HCH) serves over 1,100 patients at community-based sites across the Merrimack Valley. Our medical team provides primary healthcare directly to this patient population at shelters, drop in centers, and soup kitchens for health issues ranging from diabetes to depression and exposure to the elements. In addition to providing primary healthcare, staff also assist in securing medications, health insurance, and directing our homeless patients towards local resources for food, emergency shelter, permanent housing and job training.
GLFHC provides health care to the homeless at community-based sites on a regularly scheduled basis. They include:
- YWCA – 38 Lawrence Street, Lawrence, MA
- YMCA – 40 Lawrence Street, Lawrence, MA
- Good Shepherd Center – 260 Park Street, Lawrence, MA
- Daybreak Shelter – 75 North Parish Road, Lawrence, MA
- Oasis – 38 Lawrence Street, Lawrence, MA
- Bread & Roses Soup Kitchen – 58 Newbury Street, Lawrence, MA
- Mitch’s Place – 127 How Street, Haverhill, MA
- Haverhill YWCA – 107 Winter Street, Haverhill, MA
- Drop-In Center (UU Church) – 16 Ashland Street, Haverhill, MA
- Emmaus House – 150 How Street, Haverhill MA
- Lowell Transitional Living Center – 205-209 Middlesex Street Lowell MA
- CAB Transitions – 365 East Street, Tewksbury, MA
The health center’s Mobile Health Center treats homeless patients in the communities in which they live, delivering primary care and other specialized care to them that they might not otherwise be able to receive.
Services we provide on the Mobile Health Center include:
- Primary Health Care
- Urgent Care
- General Health Screenings
- Family Planning
- Wound Care
- Referrals to Resources
Learn how you can partner with our Health Care for the Homeless program by downloading the “Becoming Our Partner” brochure at this link.