Our admissions process is highly selective and commences once applicants have completed their ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) application and submitted their medical school transcript, board scores, personal statement, and three letters of recommendation (at least one from a family physician or primary care physician). Interviews for our first year residency positions are generally scheduled from October through early January. To receive our fullest attention, please return completed applications by November 1st.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Submit application through ERAS only
- Current medical school good standing or graduation within the past 5 years
- Passage of USMLE or COMLEX Steps 1 and 2 prior to entering residency
- Passed Step 1 (no more than 2 attempts)
- Passed Step 2 (on first attempt) with scores received by February 1
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status preferred.
Additional Application Requirements for international medical school graduates:
- ECFMG Certification unless in the final year of medical school (then by February 1)
- At least 6 months of U.S. clinical experience with significant patient care responsibilities
- Visas will be considered on an individual basis post-interview
Additional Information: As an addendum to your Personal Statement on ERAS, please include the following, clearly labeled, in order to complete your application to our program:
- How you heard about our residency
- Discuss any previous experiences you have had working with the underserved and how they have influenced your career goals.
- List the two to three factors which were most important in your decision to pursue a career in family medicine.
Medical Student Rotations
If you are interested in spending time with us during a student rotation, please email us for more information. Medical student slots are popular so it is advisable to contact us as soon as possible (no later than December 1st). It is not necessary to complete a medical student clerkship here in order to be considered for our residency.
For further inquiries, contact:
Lawrence Family Medicine Residency
34 Haverhill Street
Lawrence, MA 01841-2884