Greater Lawrence Family Health Center provides medical care and gender supportive services that are sensitive to the needs of people on the trans spectrum.
Transgender Care services are only available to patients who are or become patients of GLFHC and designate a GLFHC clinician as their Primary Care Provider (PCP).
GLFHC is committed to providing affirming care of the highest quality, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, religion, or socio-economic status.
GLFHC’s Transgender Care program helps to ensure access to high-quality, informed care for trans women, trans men, gender nonconforming, non-binary individuals, affirmed men and women, people with trans histories, and anyone with health needs unique to their diverse gender expressions and identities.
Goals of the Transgender Care program
- Provide gender-affirming, comprehensive health care for all trans and gender nonconforming patients
- Transform the way trans people receive care and lead the way in eliminating barriers to achieving maximum health and wellbeing
- Collaborate with other clinics and organizations serving trans and gender nonconforming communities
- Provide high quality training and education to mental health and medical professionals
Gender Support Services
- Primary Care
- Hormone Administration & Monitoring
- Testopel® implanted testosterone therapy
- Letters to Support Hormone Therapy
- Letters to Support Surgery
- Reproductive Counseling
- Post-Surgical Follow-up Care
- HIV & STD Testing & Counseling
- Specialized HIV Medical Care
- Breast Cancer Screenings
- Cancer Risks & Transgender People
- Cervical Cancer screenings
- Pharmacy services
Substance Abuse Services
- Office-based Addiction Treatment (OBAT), also known as a Suboxone® program
- Substance Abuse Counseling/Support Groups
- Substance Abuse Acupuncture Therapy
- Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy (OMT)
- Relaxation Techniques