PROGRAM PHILOSOPHY AND MISSION STATEMENT
The Merrimack Valley Area Health Education Center is committed to the elimination of health disparities and improving the health of the communities we serve. To achieve this goal, the Merrimack Valley Area Health Education Center is offering educational opportunities to bilingual/bicultural individuals to prepare them to enter and successfully complete a nursing program.
The Lawrence Latino Nursing Program is seeking highly motivated bilingual/bicultural candidates with a strong desire to become a nurse. Through this program, participants will progress through a pre-entry process that will prepare them to enroll in a Registered Nurse program at a local community college or university.
• EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND SEMINARS – These programs are provided by the American Red Cross and MVAHEC consultants.
• MENTORING AND SUPPORT – RN staff at MVAHEC and Greater Lawrence Family Health Center assist students throughout the program.
• COLLEGE CREDIT – Classes bearing college credit offered each semester at Northern Essex Community College (NECC).
• ANNUAL SUMMER ACADEMY – This component is offered (with stipends) for qualifying students.
• TUTORING – Tutoring is available for math, English, and test preparation for the TEAS/NET exam.
• PRIORITY APPLICATION REVIEW – For acceptance into the Nursing program at NECC.
• Bilingual/bicultural Latino candidates
• High School diploma or GED
• Highly motivated individual with a strong desire to become a nurse
• Commitment to work in the underserved Lawrence area
Students will be selected after submission of an application and interview process.
For more information about the Lawrence Latino Nursing Program, please contact the Program Director at 978-685-4860 or email mvahecprograms at glfhc dot org
This program is funded by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
Annual funding may vary.